Current Endorsements and Coalitions
2018 Candidate Endorsements
- Julie Fahey, House District 14
- David Gomberg, House District 10
- Eileen Kiely, House District 53
- Karin Power, House District 41
- Rachel Prusak, House District 37
- James Ivory Manning Jr, Senate District 7
- Deborah Patterson, Senate District 10
2018 Ballot Measure Endorsements
Measure 101 – Vote YES for Health Care in January
Ballot Measure 101 will be voted on by Oregonians in a special election this January, with ballots due by January 23. Voting yes on Ballot Measure 101 protects healthcare for Oregon families – including 400,000 children, as well as seniors and people with disabilities – who otherwise couldn’t afford a doctor’s visit and are often forced to go to the emergency room when they get sick.
Measure 101 is supported by nurses and doctors, firefighters and teachers, AARP, local hospitals and families across the state. For more information – or to get involved with the Yes for Healthcare campaign – visit www.yesforhealthcare.org.
Oregon NOW Candidate Endorsements
The Oregon chapter of the National Organization for Women offers our endorsement to candidates and campaigns that support women’s rights issues, including but not limited to:
- Reproductive rights and justice
- Economic justice
- Ending violence against women
- Racial justice
- LGBTQIA rights
- Constitutional Equality
As a general rule, we do not endorse in primary election races.
To request a general election endorsement:
- Fill out our endorsement survey. Oregon NOW endorses in state and local elections; in federal elections, we make recommendations to NOW PAC, and NOW PAC makes the endorsement decision.
- After we receive your responses, we will reach out to other candidates in your race to give them a chance to complete our survey.
- Our endorsement subcommittee will review your responses and make a recommendation to our board. In some cases, we may ask follow up questions or request an in-person interview.
Questions? Please email email@example.com
In the 2016 General Election, Oregon NOW made endorsements in the following races:
- Governor – Kate Brown (endorsed by Oregon NOW and NOW Inc.)
- Secretary of State – Brad Avakian
- U.S. Senate – Ron Wyden (endorsed by Oregon NOW and NOW PAC)
- U.S. House, District 1 – Suzanne Bonamici (endorsed by Oregon NOW and NOW PAC)
- U.S. House, District 3 – Earl Blumenauer (endorsed by Oregon NOW and NOW PAC)
- Measure 97 – Increases corporate minimum tax when sales exceed $25 million; funds education, healthcare, and senior services
- Measure 98 – High School Graduation and College and Career Readiness Act
Oregon State Legislature, House of Representatives:
- District 10 – David Gomberg
- District 14 – Julie Fahey
- District 37 – Paul Southwick
- District 41 – Karin Power
- District 51 – Janelle Bynum
Oregon State Legislature, Senate:
- District 5 – Arnie Roblan (endorsed by COC NOW)
Multnomah County Commission:
President: Hillary Clinton (endorsed by Oregon NOW and NOW PAC)